- Popular Exchanges to Buy Crypto & Bitcoin in the USA
- POPULAReToroBUY NOWat eToro’s Secure SiteFeesVaries by crypto/spreadAccount Minimum$10PromotionNone
- Start trading fast; high limits
- Easy way for newcomers to get bitcoins
- Your capital is at risk.
- CoinbaseBUY NOWat Coinbase’s Secure SiteFees0% – 0.50%Account MinimumNonePromotionEarn $5
- US based crypto & Bitcoin exchange
- Best way to buy crypto in the US
- Instantly connect bank account and buy
Coinbase ProBUY NOWat Coinbase’s Secure SiteFees0% – 0.50%Account MinimumNonePromotionEarn $5
- Some of the lowest fees available
- Good for buying large amounts of crypto
- Based in the USA
Top Cryptocurrency & Bitcoin Exchanges in America
Coinbase is probably the fastest and easiest way to buy bitcoins in the USA.
If you need bitcoins fast, then buying with a debit card is a good option. Coinbase charges 3.99% fees for debit card purchases but you can get your coins instantly.
Another payment option for US customers is using a connected bank account. The fees are less for this method–1.49%–but your coins are only delivered after five days.
Get up to $36 in free crypto when you signup using Coinbase Earn.PROS
- High liquidity and buying limits
- Easy way for newcomers to get bitcoins
- “Instant Buy” option available with debit card
- Purchases made with bank transfer can take up to 5 days to complete
- Coinbase may track how and where you spend your bitcoins
Ease of UseEasyPrivacyLowSpeedAverageFeesAverageReputationTrustedLimits High
Coinbase’s exchange, Coinbase Pro, is one of the largest Bitcoin exchanges in the United States. Users can fund their accounts via bank transfer, SEPA, or bank wire. Coinbase Pro offers good prices and low fees, but their confusing user interface may initially prove difficult to navigate.PROS
- Some of the lowest fees available for US and EU customers
- Possible to buy bitcoins for 0% fees
- User interface is confusing for first time buyers
Ease of UseHardPrivacyLowSpeedAverageFeesLowReputationTrustedLimits High
Gemini is a New York-based Bitcoin exchange, open to residents of the United States, UK, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and South Korea. Deposits can be made via wire transfer, SEPA or ACH transfer.
Get $20 of free BTC after trading $100 or more within 30 days.PROS
- Trustworthy and regulated exchange
- Instant deposit lets you buy coins quickly (but not withdraw them)
- Some of the lowest fees in the US and Canada
- Somewhat confusing to use for new buyers
- Not yet available in all US states
Ease of UseHardPrivacyLowSpeedSlowFeesLowReputationTrustedLimitsHigh
Bitcoin IRA offers a tax-advantaged way to invest in Bitcoin and Ethereum using your 401k or other retirement savings.
Bitcoin IRA is a US licensed IRA custodian, so you know your crypto or Bitcoin IRA is in full compliance with the Federal Government.PROS
- Tax Advantaged Bitcoin Savings
- Easy to set up account
- Cannot custody the Bitcoin yourself
Ease of UseAveragePrivacyLowSpeedFastFeesLowReputationTrustedLimitsHigh
Swan Bitcoin is a dollar cost averaging Bitcoin exchange, where users can set up recurring Bitcoin purchases to be drafted from their bank account or credit card every month or week.
Get $10 in free BTC when you make your first purchase.PROS
- Easy to set up
- Automated dollar cost averaging
- Very low fees
- First purchase takes awhile
- No way to sell on platform
Ease of UseHardPrivacyLowSpeedFastFeesLowReputationTrustedLimitsHigh
LibertyX is an American service which makes buying bitcoins with cash simple. First, use LibertyX’s app to locate a store near you that sells LibertyX codes. Next, enter your LibertyX code to the app, along with your Bitcoin address and you’ll receive your bitcoins very soon after.
If you connect a Facebook account to your LibertyX app, your first $1,000 of purchases are fee-free. Otherwise all purchases cost 1.5% + $3 in fees.PROS
- Easy and fast way to buy bitcoins with cash
- Low 1.5% (plus store fee) rate for cash purchase method
- Daily $1000 limit is fairly high for a convenience service
- Participating stores add their own variable fee
- Some verification is required which lowers the expected privacy level of cash purchase
- Attaching your Facebook account further degrades privacy
Ease of UseAveragePrivacyAverageSpeedAverageFeesAverageReputationTrustedLimitsAverage
You can use our Bitcoin ATM map to buy bitcoins with cash. Bitcoin ATMs can be a quick and easy way to buy bitcoins and they’re also private. That convenience and privacy, however, comes with a price; most ATMs have fees of 5-10%.PROS
- Our map makes it super easy to find a Bitcoin ATM near you
- Bitcoin ATMs often have 5-10% fees per purchase